At Pomeroy Living, the care and health of our team members and those we serve, in our buildings, is our highest priority.
We understand you may have questions regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the prevention and preparedness steps that we have implemented over the past years.
Q: How is Pomeroy Living dealing with the Coronavirus/COVID-19?
A. Pomeroy Living has a long-standing history of caring for seniors and managing health concerns. We are actively following our established protocols for infection control in our senior living communities, continually training on these protocols, regularly reviewing the CDC and MDHHS guidelines, staying nimble to adjust as needed should new prevention and containment measures be identified.
- We continue to follow the guidelines specific to COVID-19 from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting protocols and we are using defogging and UV light disinfecting devices. We have posted signs throughout our communities on infection control practices and guidelines for staff and visitors to follow.
- All communities have held several COVID-19 vaccination clinics; the COVID-19 vaccine was offered to all staff, residents and other community members. We continually encourage and offer the COVID 19 Bivalent booster doses to eligible residents and staff.
- Universal use of face mask is required while visiting when the county transmission level is HIGH. The county transmission level is posted at the community’s the main entrance.
- We have a dedicated COVID-19 unit, which is our Bradford Medical Resort on our Rochester Campus, for any resident who may test positive.
Q: How can I visit my loved one?
A. For the safety of our residents, we advise to defer in person visitation if you are experiencing any symptoms consistent with COVID 19 and other respiratory illnesses such cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste and smell and sore throat.
Q: How will I know if there is an occurrence of COVID-19 in a Pomeroy Living community?
A. We are committed to communicating any incidence of the virus in our communities. Staff, residents and their families are promptly notified of any new cases of COVID-19 within the community. We also post notices at the community entrance if there are any COVID-19 positive cases amongst residents or staff.
As a health care agency, Pomeroy Living will continue to follow the guidance of Federal, State and local health authorities.
We encourage you to refer to these trusted resources for the most recent official updates on COVID-19: